No Joy

Well, I'm afraid that double weave is a no go for me, at least for now.  When I changed treadling directions on the first sample, the open side started to be woven closed.  Upon inspection, I saw that I didn't thread correctly.  So, after cutting the sample off, I rethreaded and sleyed, only to have THIS happen;


The blue section is the point at which the treadling changes, as you can see, but for some reason the open side decided to close, AGAIN.  Not right away, which tells me it wasn't a threading error this time - good to know my quadruple check worked!  All I can think of is a sticky shaft gumming up the works.  Any other ideas out there? Either way, I'm done for now.  I returned the many many skeins of yarn I had purchased for this project, and my loom has sat empty for over a week now.I think this is the first time a weave structure has defeated me.  I guess that goes to show that I don't try anything too difficult.

I am finally starting to think about starting a new project, probably a tencel scarf.  I have a craft fair coming up in early December that could use many more towels than I have, so I will have to get cracking on that as well.  Time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again, as the song goes.

Comments

  1. From the picture, it looks like you threw your shuttle around in a circle a few too many times and I think that's why it's closed on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What comes to my mind is a treadling error in that first little bit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought at first, but that mistake is actually at the end of the sample, not the beginning, so I had been treadling correctly before the mistake occurred.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bumberet!!

Weft Dyeing

Snowmageddon!!