Craft Fair Bound

I finished the Pebble Weave towels that I was posting about last time, and I love love love the texture! I'm not alone - 3 of the 4 towels are already sold, with the fourth spoken for unless sold at the fair. Slightly nubbly, the texture really shows off the colors, much better than my old stand by, plain weave.  Easy threading, easy treadling...what's not to like?  I will definitely be using this again, in baby wraps and more towels.

Black 10/2 weft (colors are truer in the second and third photos):




Purple 10/2 weft:




And all together:



I just spent my last few days off trying to finish a few more wallets.  Not using handwoven material for these - they are just quickies for the fair.  Can you tell I like purple??







Just three more shifts until my vacation!!!  Where has the summer gone?

My crafting time was rudely interrupted on Saturday when I had a sudden onset of pretty sharp chest pain.  No shortness of breath, sweating, nausea, dizziness - just a strong sub-sternal pain/pressure.  So I was a good girl, took an aspirin and headed to the ED.  At the hospital where I work.  On my day off.  The good news - yet again, no cardiac issues whatsoever.  Still not sure what it is, though it could be esophageal spasms, for which there is no treatment.  The pain had dissipated quite a bit before I arrived, but I had to spend 6 hours there to get the serial labs required for a cardiac workup. My physician was familiar to me, because she had a baby 9 months ago that had delivered at a tertiary center and then come back to transition to home.  I got to take care of them for a couple of days, so she showed me pics of how much he's grown.  So very cute!  She also told me that if this happens again, I should come right back, though she did concede that I could try lying down for a short bit first to see if it passes.  Isn't aging fun??

Comments

  1. Lovely towels, indeed. Is this a 4-shaft draft? Wanna share it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a four shaft draft. I believe it's available in Davison's book. Threading is 4-3-2-1, treadling is 1-2-3-4, and tie up is 3-4, 1-2, 2-4, and 1-3.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment