Baby Blankets!

They are off the loom, sewn and washed/dried twice, and I have to say, I LOVE how they feel!  It's so surprising, but these blankets woven with carpet warp are so very soft, and substantial, without being too heavy.


I used 8/2 unmercerized cotton for the green hem, and, while I couldn't quite match the color to the warp, the hems are nicely thin.  Because of that, they were a bit harder to deal with once off the loom.

My photography mojo is off today, so the next shots aren't so great.  I was shooting using my ironing board, which was most likely a mistake.



The green blanket ended up being 36.75 inches by 32.25 inches.  Quite a bit of shrinkage..

The purple hems were woven using carpet warp, and yes, they are thicker, but appropriately so, in my opinion.  I had a small area where I changed my beat and so the cloth is a bit darker there - I have to work on that!


Again, some not-great photos;




The purple blanket measures 38 inches by 32.25.  The selvedges on both are actually very straight, even though some of these photos makes them appear to be quite crooked.

I really loved making them, and since as far as I know I still do not have any grandkids on the way, these will be available at the craft fair in August.  Not sure if I will bother to list them in my Etsy shop, but please let me know if you're interested in these wonderful blankets!

Instead of the towels that I need to weave before the fair, I am starting another set of baby blankets using carpet warp. These will be plain weave, so a fast project, but presently they are s-s-s-l-l-l-o-o-o-w-w-w.  There are a lot of color changes in the warp, so I really have to take my time.  It's hard for me to work slowly when time matters, but again, I'm working on that too!

Comments

  1. Your blog is very valuable which you have shared here about.Baby blanket for car seatI appreciate your efforts which you have put into this article and also it is a gainful article for us. Thank you for sharing this article here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment