Warm Wishes

I want to take this opportunity, albeit a bit early, to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!

Despite the fact that this holiday is a lot of work, it has always been one of my favorites.  The gathering of family and friends to celebrate love and gratitude over food cannot be topped in my book.  No presents or pressure to impress with something commercial, but just those tempting aromas and flavors reminiscent of past Thanksgivings, perhaps some spent with those no longer with us.  Even when you are feeding a small number of family members that eat together often, as I am doing this year, the traditions make it feel special.  Conversations ebb and flow, bellies fill, and once again we are grateful for each other and the time we spend together!



Comments

  1. Your post, so short, sweet, and true, brought tears to my eyes, remembering my sweet husband, gone for 16 Thanksgivings now. I still miss him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peg, I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband those many years ago. The heart never forgets.

      Delete

Post a Comment