I Really Can't Say...

No "crafty"photos to share this time around, as I've been busy busy busy creating some Christmas gifts for family and friends.  The Christmas tree towels I shared last time got snapped up by coworkers, so they never made it to my shop, but I am grateful for the support.  They were a bit of a challenge to weave in the decorative area, but otherwise were a quick project, so I think I'll revisit them again.  I also have many other options for the borders (snowflakes, Santas, other designs), so maybe I won't have to wait until the next holiday season to fire up the loom for rosepath towels!

Speaking of looms, I almost can't find mine right now.  I've been trying to spend at least a little time most days tackling the painting job in my craft room.  I painted the last of the bead board knee wall the other day, so now the "fun" begins.  I have to paint the slanted part of the ceiling, which is also bead board.  I had to unbolt one of the book cases (which holds all of my weaving yarn) and move it to the center of the room, then moved the other, free-standing one away from the wall.  The shape of the room is a bit unique.  When you first enter, there is a long, narrow, almost hallway section that is vertical sheet rock on your left and the knee wall/slanted ceiling bead board on your right.
A view from the door:


And a view from the far wall:



And YES, I know that I need to straighten up the paint job - I'm waiting for the paint to cure so I can tape it when I paint the white.

When I moved the free standing bookshelf, I realized there wasn't anywhere for me to put in that wouldn't be in the way of  painting, so I decided to move it to son #2's bedroom.  Unfortunately, I had moved all of my cones of yarn onto it before unbolting the first shelving.  Needless to say, there were cones of yarn bouncing to the floor and scaring the cat to death!!  With a bit of assistance, bookcase number 2 is now temporarily residing in the other room, so now I have very little excuse to not paint.  But anyone who knows me probably know how I feel when I now enter the room:


ANXIOUS!!  I don't do clutter well, and this room is nothing but.  As it is, I'll have to paint the "hallway" ceiling, then move everything to that side of the room in order to paint the rest of the ceiling. Of course, I may not be able to ENTER the room at that point!!  It all makes my head tired... I look forward to painting the sheet rock sections after that.

I hope everyone's turkey day was delicious and free from family trauma.  The weather here has been unseasonably cold for most of the month, and today feels like mid-January.  We're in for a bit of a much welcomed warm up the beginning of next week!

Comments