The next big step?

After much mulling over a long period of time, I went ahead and registered a domain name!  It is as you would expect, www.threadbaredesigns.com, but don't go there yet, as I haven't had the time to even activate it yet.  Now I'm faced with the daunting task of building my own website.  Really???  Why did I think I would be capable of such a feat?  I fear this endeavor will use up the little time to weave that I now have. Who knows, the site may languish and never appear, given my increased time commitments at work.  Even if I can put a basic link on it for now, pointing to my Etsy shop, I'd be happy.  I think...

I did manage to finish my one-off tencel scarf last week.  I think it came out well, and may collaborate with the dyer to get enough yarn to weave more than one at a time.




The colors are quite a bit more vivid in real life, and, as always, it drapes like silk. I really love the multi-colored fringe. It's available, along with other new stuff, in my Etsy shop! (https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThreadbareDesigns)

I've started winding a warp for a baby wrap,  Over 700 ends, which is a first for me. I'm using 10/2 cotton in a very bright plum turquoise, pink and blue.  There are a lot of hoops to jump through before any sort of baby carrier product can be sold, so this may all be for naught, but I'm excited about the journey.

Comments