English Garden

That's what comes to mind when I look at this yarn that I purchased from Tammy at Yarntopia Treasures on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/YarntopiaTreasures?ref=shop_sugg).  She does wonderful work and has a great sense of color.

This tencel is called "Secret;"

I wound it into a cake:
and quickly warped it on the Baby Wolf for a tabby scarf.

I'm in love with this scarf already, and I haven't even started weaving it yet!

I was trying to come up with a good color to use as weft for this project, but failed, so I asked Tammy what she would recommend, and she dyed a skein of yarn to match the rose color in my warp.


I love the subtle differences in this yarn as well.  I think it might be hard to let this scarf go!

I also purchased another skein from her, this one is called "Poinsettia.

"


This went on the big Glimakra, using spools, rack and a tension box.  There was a glitch putting it on, so this scarf won't be as wide as I usually make, but I do think it will be lovely nonetheless.

My last project, the turned twill towels, came out quite well, I think.  I just love how geometric the pattern is.
As always, they're available in my Etsy shop! https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThreadbareDesigns



I'm attending a small craft fair tomorrow at the hospital's holiday party.  I've yet to attend any of the holiday parties they have had in the past, which used to be quite swank with dinner and dancing.  I've been told this one is more family friendly, and is pure "mayhem."  I'm a bit worried about that part, but it will probably ease some of the tension I usually feel at this things.  AND, they say I will be given a "special plate," meaning that I may be able to eat something that is gluten/dairy free and vegetarian and not just a salad!  That would indeed be festive!

Comments