Paradise Cove!

Weaving has finally commenced on this, my first hand dyed warp!  I'm still waiting for more yarn to arrive, and as always, I have a busy work schedule this coming week but this morning I wound some pirns and began the adventure.

As a refresher, here is the photo that inspired this warp:



And here are the first few inches woven with a black tencel weft:


The draft is from http://www.handweaving.net/, and the draft is #63044.  The treadling sequence is 146 picks long, so I'm still using a small post-it note to keep my place.  I feel like I'm learning it bit by bit, and I'm sure I will have it memorized relatively soon, but for now, no music or podcasts, just some slow, methodical weaving.



and a bit of a close-up:



This first customer chose the black tencel to help highlight the weave structure.  The other wefts will be a speckle-dyed peppermint yarn (yes, I typed "peppermint!"), and Zephyr wool/silk in the "indigo" colorway.  I can't wait to see the way the different yarns affect the warp!

In other "news," the weather has turned colder here, finally.  Though overall I'm happy about that, we are still trying to keep our heat off until the arbitrary date of October 1.  Last night it got down to 39 degrees F outside, and today there are clouds and sun, so the house isnot warming up much, just staying steady at 65 degrees.  When I was weaving this morning, I was quite comfortable, but sitting still, I am wearing a headband and some hand spun fingerless gloves, while having a folded quilt on my lap.  Yeah, I'm apparently not very cold-hardy!  Great that I live in Maine, right????

And thanks to the suggestions about painting the doorway between the living room and the dining room from the last blog.  I think I will paint the living room side white; it's just a question of when at this point.

Comments

  1. Lovely! Will you use the same treadling for all 3 wraps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Peg, I will, as the customers all approve! Thanks for posting a comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment