Ring Sling

The Western Skies warp is off the loom, and I just finished sewing up the ring sling from the piece woven with natural 12/2 Supima cotton.  I love the feel of this cloth!  It's very, very soft, and makes me want to weave more with this cotton.  I'm thinking I may end up weaving some yardage for a shirt soon, maybe hand-dyed?

The cloth:




The sling:




The other piece, woven with tencel, may or may not become a wrap/sling.  I can't decide if the ppi was high enough.  I think I'm going to wash it again, then take the magnifying glass to it and check. It's really hard to see the actual pattern, which is another reason it's hard to determine whether or not it would be suitable.  I mean, I know I can't poke my fingers through the cloth or anything!  I'm probably over-thinking it, but hopefully the answer will be come clearer soon.  If I determine that I'm not comfortable with the cloth as is, there will be many, many cowls available!

Speaking of cowls, I did deliberately weave a bit of cloth for those.  I ended up with three - one with the natural Supima cotton weft, and two with plum Tencel.






Now I just need to find the time to write up copy and post these for sale in my Etsy shop.

Comments