Weaving Again!

I finally got the baby blanket warp ready to weave, and after a bit of a slow start, the cloth is growing at a fairly rapid pace.  The first blanket is done, and the second started after only 3 short-ish weaving sessions.  As someone who was used to weaving meters per project, I have to say that I'm really enjoying how quickly the carpet warp weaves up.

Here are some shots of the first blanket, which used the colorway "duck" as weft;


The colors are truest in the above photo.








I just completed the first blanket this morning, and started the second, using "eggplant" as weft.  The effect is quite different, more dramatic;



Hard to see, but the colors are more true in the above photo as well.



I've just managed 17 inches so far.  It would have been much more, but I actually had to unweave twice!  Treadling is simply 1-2-3-4, but I left "4" off two separate times - unbelievable.  Can you say "daydreaming???"

Comments

  1. I really like the eggplant one. Nice job!

    And yeah, sometimes the simple treadlings trip us up, as we get into the zone and don't think consciously any more. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment